How to Talk to Children and Teens About the Newton, CT, Tragedy
NFDA is pleased to share with you an article written by renowned grief expert Dr. Alan Wolfelt about last week’s tragic events in Newtown, Conn. The article provides advice to parents and other caregivers of children and teens about how to help them communicate and cope with an event that has perhaps left them with feelings of sadness, fear or uncertainty.
You are welcome to download this article at no charge and share it with your community in whatever way you feel is most appropriate. Some suggestions include:
- Make it available on your funeral home website or social media sites
- Send copies of the article to local schools
- Share with local clergy
- Distribute the article with community organizations for children, such as the YMCA, Boys & Girls Clubs, scouting groups, etc.
- Send a copy to your local media
If you are in need of other grief resources to help your community cope with last week’s events, please call your personal member services representative at 800-228-6332 to learn more about the materials NFDA has available through its Resource Store.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- A NEW CONSOLIDATOR ENTERS THE INDUSTRY | FUNERAL nation 089 - October 9, 2017
- H. S. Eckels and Company Is Pleased to Announce the Appointment of Shimada Shoten of Tokyo, Japan as Its Newest Distributor Partner - October 9, 2017
- A New Look Comes to ICCFA.com - October 9, 2017
You may be interested
A NEW CONSOLIDATOR ENTERS THE INDUSTRY | FUNERAL nation 089CDFuneralNews - October 9, 2017
On today's episode, Jim Kreigshouer will be joining for an interview, the Spotlight is in Las Vegas, and the WTF…
H. S. Eckels and Company Is Pleased to Announce the Appointment of Shimada Shoten of Tokyo, Japan as Its Newest Distributor PartnerCDFuneralNews - October 9, 2017
Eckels, headquartered in Guelph, Canada is a manufacturer of premium clinical care chemicals with current distribution partners in Europe, Central…