How to Talk to Children and Teens About the Newton, CT, Tragedy
NFDA is pleased to share with you an article written by renowned grief expert Dr. Alan Wolfelt about last week’s tragic events in Newtown, Conn. The article provides advice to parents and other caregivers of children and teens about how to help them communicate and cope with an event that has perhaps left them with feelings of sadness, fear or uncertainty.
You are welcome to download this article at no charge and share it with your community in whatever way you feel is most appropriate. Some suggestions include:
- Make it available on your funeral home website or social media sites
- Send copies of the article to local schools
- Share with local clergy
- Distribute the article with community organizations for children, such as the YMCA, Boys & Girls Clubs, scouting groups, etc.
- Send a copy to your local media
If you are in need of other grief resources to help your community cope with last week’s events, please call your personal member services representative at 800-228-6332 to learn more about the materials NFDA has available through its Resource Store.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- BEAN TOWN BREAK DOWN | FUNERAL hustle 015 - November 14, 2017
- NFDA Goes Big In Boston - November 14, 2017
- 2017 REFLECTION OF NFDA BOSTON AND A TRIBUTE TO THE VETERANS | FUNERAL nation 094 - November 13, 2017
You may be interested
BEAN TOWN BREAK DOWN | FUNERAL hustle 015CDFuneralNews - November 14, 2017
Ryan is exposed EXPOSED as a terrible (.....) in FUNERAL hustle 015! Part 2 of our Boston NFDA recap we…
NFDA Goes Big In BostonCDFuneralNews - November 14, 2017
Brookfield, Wis. – The National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) 2017 International Convention & Expo, held October 29 through November 1…
2017 REFLECTION OF NFDA BOSTON AND A TRIBUTE TO THE VETERANS | FUNERAL nation 094CDFuneralNews - November 13, 2017
On this episode, we send a big "thank you" to our very own Funeral Commander, Jeff Harbeson in honor of…