How to Talk to Children and Teens About the Newton, CT, Tragedy
NFDA is pleased to share with you an article written by renowned grief expert Dr. Alan Wolfelt about last week’s tragic events in Newtown, Conn. The article provides advice to parents and other caregivers of children and teens about how to help them communicate and cope with an event that has perhaps left them with feelings of sadness, fear or uncertainty.
You are welcome to download this article at no charge and share it with your community in whatever way you feel is most appropriate. Some suggestions include:
- Make it available on your funeral home website or social media sites
- Send copies of the article to local schools
- Share with local clergy
- Distribute the article with community organizations for children, such as the YMCA, Boys & Girls Clubs, scouting groups, etc.
- Send a copy to your local media
If you are in need of other grief resources to help your community cope with last week’s events, please call your personal member services representative at 800-228-6332 to learn more about the materials NFDA has available through its Resource Store.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- IOWA! WTF ARE YOU DOING? | Funeral Nation 113 - June 11, 2018
- C&J Financial acquires Beta Capital of Portsmouth, VA. - June 11, 2018
- Physicians Mutual and Precoa Celebrate One Year by “Putting Down Roots” - June 5, 2018
You may be interested
IOWA! WTF ARE YOU DOING? | Funeral Nation 113CDFuneralNews - June 11, 2018
The FN boys discuss possible Iowa law changes that will require a bachelor’s degree in mortuary science in order to…
C&J Financial acquires Beta Capital of Portsmouth, VA.CDFuneralNews - June 11, 2018
Rainbow City, AL – C&J FINANCIAL, LLC, through its affiliate, Security National Financial Corporation (NASDAQ:SNFCA), is pleased to announce that…
9 Pimped Out Hearses Like You Have Never Seen BeforeMadison Ashby - June 6, 2018
"Pimp My Ride" aired on MTV from 2004 to 2007. Rapper Xzibit would transform people’s run-down cars and “pimp” them…