15 Easy to Implement Holiday Social Media Tactics for Funeral Home
Article content provided by: DISRUPT Media
We are one week into December and the holiday countdown has begun. We are consumed with Christmas and the New Year which presents a great opportunity for you to engage your community through holiday themed social media tactics.
Below are 16 easy-to-implement social media tactics to implement in December.
- Change your timeline image to a holiday themed image of your staff
- Create a holiday themed Pinterest Pinboard
- Ask fans to share and vote their favorite holiday recipe through a custom app. Compile the recipes into a few ebook available for download through your Facebook Timeline and website.
- Ask fans to share a holiday story or memory
- Create a free ebook with content submitted by your fans, like a Holiday Recipe eBook
- Create a Youtube Holiday Playlist (short clips from classic Christmas movies)
- Host a Facebook contest like this Best Holiday Photo by American Pride
- Post short video clips of your employees saying what they are grateful for this holiday season
- Partner with local businesses and run a 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway
- Share holiday recipes that your staff likes
- Tweet out holiday song lyrics
- Start a holiday-themed hashtag on Instagram and encourage your online audience to post pictures using it
- Share holiday images and ask your uses to “name this Christmas movie”
- Run holiday themed Facebook or Sponsored Story ads to get your fans and non-fans engaged in your contest
- Create a video or blog post thank you client families, fans and followers for their support
- BONUS: Create a holiday themed poll for your fans to take and share with their friends
- DOUBLE BONUS: Create a photo gallery or Pinboard of holiday themed images from around your funeral home
Go to http://funeralsocial.com to find out more about the services we offer. Our clients who are apart of our FUNERAL Social Design Process are seeing an increase in post reach and engagement of over 300%.
Ryan is also the founder of ConnectingDirectors.com. ConnectingDirectors.com is the leading online daily publication for funeral professionals with a reader base of over 45,000 of the most elite and forward-thinking professionals in the profession. With ConnectingDirectors.com Ryan has created a global community through an online platform allowing funeral professionals to Stay Current. Stay Informed and Stay Elite.
Latest posts by Ryan Thogmartin (see all)
- 12 Benefits of Social Media Every Funeral Home Needs to Know - August 10, 2017
- Funeral Homes: How to Shoot Video on a Budget - August 7, 2017
- Funeral Nation TV Show Introduces Industry “Change Makers” Roundtable Segment - August 2, 2017
You may be interested
12 Benefits of Social Media Every Funeral Home Needs to KnowRyan Thogmartin - August 10, 2017
Social media is 'marketing.' It's not the new marketing, it's the current state of marketing, and funeral homes and death care companies can no longer afford to ignore it. There are so many reasons why death care companies need to get their heads out of the sand and start engaging on the platforms used by over 68% of all Americans.
Six Times Twitter Reminded Us Funerals Don’t Have to be BoringMadison Ashby - August 9, 2017
These six people had funerals on their mind for one reason or another and decided to share with the Twitter world what they were thinking, and I’m pretty glad they did. People can come up with some pretty crazy things if you let them ramble.
Physicians Mutual Celebrates Preneed Anniversary with NFDA SponsorshipCDFuneralNews - August 9, 2017
OMAHA – It’s been an exciting summer for Physicians Mutual, and the fun keeps on coming: the Company will celebrate…