15 Easy to Implement Holiday Social Media Tactics for Funeral Home
Article content provided by: DISRUPT Media
We are one week into December and the holiday countdown has begun. We are consumed with Christmas and the New Year which presents a great opportunity for you to engage your community through holiday themed social media tactics.
Below are 16 easy-to-implement social media tactics to implement in December.
- Change your timeline image to a holiday themed image of your staff
- Create a holiday themed Pinterest Pinboard
- Ask fans to share and vote their favorite holiday recipe through a custom app. Compile the recipes into a few ebook available for download through your Facebook Timeline and website.
- Ask fans to share a holiday story or memory
- Create a free ebook with content submitted by your fans, like a Holiday Recipe eBook
- Create a Youtube Holiday Playlist (short clips from classic Christmas movies)
- Host a Facebook contest like this Best Holiday Photo by American Pride
- Post short video clips of your employees saying what they are grateful for this holiday season
- Partner with local businesses and run a 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway
- Share holiday recipes that your staff likes
- Tweet out holiday song lyrics
- Start a holiday-themed hashtag on Instagram and encourage your online audience to post pictures using it
- Share holiday images and ask your uses to “name this Christmas movie”
- Run holiday themed Facebook or Sponsored Story ads to get your fans and non-fans engaged in your contest
- Create a video or blog post thank you client families, fans and followers for their support
- BONUS: Create a holiday themed poll for your fans to take and share with their friends
- DOUBLE BONUS: Create a photo gallery or Pinboard of holiday themed images from around your funeral home
DISRUPT Media is a full-service creative agency built for the now. We partner with death care companies to drive deep-rooted brand loyalty and measurable leads through social media.
More Fans. More Conversations. More Leads.
Ryan is also the founder of ConnectingDirectors.com. ConnectingDirectors.com is the leading online daily publication for funeral professionals with a reader base of over 45,000 of the most elite and forward-thinking professionals in the profession. With ConnectingDirectors.com Ryan has created a global community through an online platform allowing funeral professionals to Stay Current. Stay Informed and Stay Elite.
Latest posts by Ryan Thogmartin (see all)
- Want Success? Don’t Be On Auto Pilot! | FUNERAL hustle 014 - November 9, 2017
- 24 Images That Take You Inside Last Weeks NFDA Convention - November 7, 2017
- The Top 70 Funniest Tombstones - November 5, 2017
You may be interested
4 Products Beating the Funeral Merchandise Quality EpidemicJustin Crowe - November 15, 2017
Since entering the funeral industry, I have felt a taboo around talking about the topic of quality in relation to…
Winter is coming: How forward-thinking funeral homes are preparing for the Internet Generation.Will Chang - November 15, 2017
Four years ago, my cofounder Tyler’s grandmother passed away. Tasked with the responsibility of planning a funeral in his late…
Marching Forward, Making Sales at the 2018 ICCFA Wide World of Sales ConferenceCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
STERLING, VA (November 13, 2017) – The International Cemetery, Cremation & Funeral Association (ICCFA) has announced its program schedule for…