Location Manager/Funeral Director – Austin, TX
SCI is the largest Funeral Services Company in North America, located in over 40 states with approximately 1,800 locations encompassing over 20,000 employees. SCI is a company dedicated to compassionately supporting families at difficult times, celebrating the significance of lives that have been lived, and preserving memories that transcend generations with dignity and honor- and we have been doing this since 1962. By joining SCI you will be joining North America’s largest provider of funeral and cemetery services with locations in Canada and the United States.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Location Manager/Funeral Director in beautiful Austin, TX. to manage a large volume, flagship location in our Dignity Memorial Network. Plans for a new crematory are already underway and should be completed soon.
Our successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of this location and should be adept at building community relations as well as running the daily operations of a prestigious funeral home and Personal Care Center.
The successful candidate will be expected to direct and lead all Funeral Home personnel and ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to a high degree of readiness.
Additional duties include the following:
- Select, train and motivate location staff to assure that they create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction.
- Achieve the location’s annual financial and marketing goals.
- Manage the business of the operation as if it were your own.
- Maintain a motivated and dedicated staff with the skills necessary to service client family needs.
- Assure that staff members understand location goals, policies and procedures.
- Ensure visitations and services are conducted in a manner that exceeds the expectations of our client families and friends.
- Practice and promote teamwork among location staff.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- At least 6 years of Funeral Director experience
- At Least 3 years of Funeral Home Management Experience preferred
- Community involvement.
- Texas Funeral Service License or the ability to transfer the same from another state
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For consideration, please apply online: www.sci-corp.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Cook-Walden Funeral Home is an affiliate of Service Corporation International, the largest provider of funeral and cemetery services in North America.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Mean Internet Comments – Funeral Edition - June 20, 2018
- RELEASE THE FN CRAKN! | FUNERAL nation 114 - June 18, 2018
- FrontRunner Professional Announces Expansion of Development Team - June 18, 2018
You may be interested
10 Visionary Death Care Entrepreneurs Revolutionizing How We DieJustin Crowe - June 20, 2018
Looking at the business that these 10 death care entrepreneurs have created, there is an overwhelming sense of certainty that…
Mean Internet Comments – Funeral EditionCDFuneralNews - June 20, 2018
We shine a light on some of the harsh words posted on social media towards DISRUPT Media's CEO, Ryan Thogmartin.…
FTC Releases Results of Undercover Funeral Rule Investigation… 4 Regions BombedJustin Crowe - June 18, 2018
The FTC has released its report detailing the results of its undercover Funeral Rule investigation for 2017. Last year, the…