Professional Women's Conference Inspires Attendees
Brookfield, Wis. — The 2011 NFDA Professional Women’s Conference, which was held April 1-5 at the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria, Va., offered attendees a unique opportunity for learning, networking, and personal and professional growth in an intimate setting. The 2011 conference attracted 81 attendees.
Attendees offered many positive comments about their experience at the conference:
- “A wonderful conference as always. Some of the industry’s most dynamic women really inspire!”
- “Thank you for such a wonderful experience. I always feel refreshed and energized after this conference.”
- “I so enjoyed the energy and enthusiasm of the group. There were so many people in this organization who happily exchange important information.”
The Funeral Service Foundation (FSF) awarded five scholarships to help women attend the 2011 NFDA Professional Women’s Conference. Recipients were:
- Joanna Brief of Brooklyn, N.Y., a mortuary science student currently attending the American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service.
- Elizabeth Chambers of Jeffersonville, Ind., a mortuary science student at The Mid-America College of Funeral Service.
- Nicole Partin of Dunlap, Tenn., a mortuary science student at John A. Gupton College and apprentice at Ewton Funeral Home.
- Aubry Sartori of Dallas, Texas, a licensed funeral director with Restland Funeral Home.
- Kristy Lee Witt of Syracuse, N.Y., a licensed funeral director with Krueger Funeral Home.
“Supporting the Professional Women’s Conference has long been a priority of the Funeral Service Foundation,” FSF Executive Director Celi Clark Haga said. “This conference gives women from across the profession a chance to come together and learn from each other and valuable speakers. We were pleased to provide the opportunity for these five outstanding women to attend.”
“I have found a great venue for encouragement and support for my future and growth, both professionally and personally,” said scholarship recipient Sartori.
The 2011 NFDA Professional Women’s Conference was generously sponsored and supported by Nomis Publications Inc., The Dodge Company, Homesteaders Life Company, Worsham College of Mortuary Science, Kelco Supply Company, Messenger, Remembrance Keepsakes and Final Touch. The Funeral Service Foundation thanks the following scholarship contributors, Nomis Publications Inc., Deaton-Kennedy Company, Messenger, Trigard and Wilbert Funeral Service Inc.
The 2012 NFDA Professional Women’s Conference will take place April 27-29 at the Crown Plaza Hotel at Bell Tower Shops in Ft. Myers, Fla.
NFDA is the world’s leading funeral service association, serving 18,500 individual members who represent more than 9,900 funeral homes in the United States and 43 countries around the world. From its headquarters in Brookfield, Wis., and its Advocacy Division office in Washington, D.C., NFDA is the worldwide source of expertise and professional resources for all facets of funeral service. Through education, information and advocacy, NFDA is dedicated to supporting members in their mission to provide families with meaningful end-of-life services at the highest levels of excellence and integrity. For more information, visit www.nfda.org.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Homesteaders: A Deep Dive | FUNERAL hustle 012 - September 14, 2017
- FrontRunner Professional Announces Ultimate ‘DIY’ Funeral Home Website Platform - September 14, 2017
- Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions Shares Integration Update - September 14, 2017
You may be interested
Homesteaders: A Deep Dive | FUNERAL hustle 012CDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Ryan heads to Homesteaders Life Company HQ to discuss their future partnership with Homesteaders and why and how this partnership…
FrontRunner Professional Announces Ultimate ‘DIY’ Funeral Home Website PlatformCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Today FrontRunner Professional announced the release of it’s brand new website platform, marking a major change for the entire death…
Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions Shares Integration UpdateCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
PITTSBURGH, PA -- Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions today announced an update of key activities for its ongoing integration of Aurora…