[Video] How To Create a Fundraising Campaign on SoFund.us
The funeral profession’s first crowdfunding platform, SoFund.us, soft launched last week by allowing companies to start creating fundraising campaigns. With this type of launch for a new concept has brought forth many questions.
There are three main questions that have been asked; What is Crowdfunding?, Why the Funeral Profession?, How do I create a fundraising campaign?
Crowdfunding describes the collective cooperation of people pooling money and other resources in order to create a network that supports people, organizations, projects, initiatives or ideas.
Crowdfunding at the scale we see today is a relatively new phenomenon, but its roots go back to 1883 when a form of crowdfunding was used for the Statue of Liberty. In just five months the “crowd” donated $100,000 (the equivalent of $2.3 million today). Much of it came in gifts of one dollar or less. The reward for a $1 contribution was a 6” statuette and the reward for a $5 contribution was a 12” statuette.
Today crowdfunding has been successful in the areas of art, film, music, journalism and start-ups. According to Growthink.com, crowdfunding in the US grew by 259% in 2011 to an estimated total raise of $248 million. SoFund.us is the only platform of its kind wholly dedicated to the funeral profession.
We care passionately about the funeral profession and helping funeral professionals provide end of life services that exceed the expectations of the client families they serve. Crowdfunding is the perfect opportunity for members of the funeral profession to present innovative product and business ideas to backers who will support their projects. SoFund.us is the only platform of its kind wholly dedicated to the funeral profession.
How do I create a fundraising campaign?
1. Sign Up: You are welcome to sign up whenever you want!
2. Submit Fundraising Project: At SoFund.us we review fundraising project proposals on a rolling basis. Complete our free and simple project profile application anytime and submit for review.
3. Review Process: We will review your fundraising project proposal quickly and will get back to you with questions (within 24-48 hours) or approve you right away. (To ensure quick approval, a fundraising project proposal must include: introduction video and required information about your company or concept that will communicate the value of your fundraising project.)
4. Run Your Campaign: A campaign lasts 45 days and is only successful when 100% of the fundraising goal is raised. Reaching the project funding goal is an effort that requires leveraging social networks, customers, vendors, PR channels, along with your face to face encounters. During the project campaign period all pledged funds from Backers are held with credit card approval by WePay.com (Our 3rd party payment processor).
5. Receive Funds: At the end of the 45 day fundraising campaign, if 100% of the goal is raised, Backer payments are processed and funds are deposited into Project creator’s bank account. 10% is subtracted from total funds raised. The 10% is divided three ways; 6.1% is payment to SoFund.us, 1% is paid to our technology partner, Launcht, and 2.9% is collected by WePay.com for processing.
6. Distribute Rewards: Project creators follow up with progress updates and rewards promised completing the fundraising cycle and beginning funeral innovation.
DISRUPT Media is a full-service creative agency built for the now. We partner with death care companies to drive deep-rooted brand loyalty and measurable leads through social media.
More Fans. More Conversations. More Leads.
Ryan is also the founder of ConnectingDirectors.com. ConnectingDirectors.com is the leading online daily publication for funeral professionals with a reader base of over 45,000 of the most elite and forward-thinking professionals in the profession. With ConnectingDirectors.com Ryan has created a global community through an online platform allowing funeral professionals to Stay Current. Stay Informed and Stay Elite.
Latest posts by Ryan Thogmartin (see all)
- MAJOR Facebook News Feed Changes and What They Mean For Your Deathcare Business - January 15, 2018
- Does Your State Have a New Minimum Wage Law? - January 10, 2018
- Download: 9 Holiday Animation Videos for Facebook - December 4, 2017
You may be interested
IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038CDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
Are you ready to fight...!? Ready to FIGHT those recent Facebook Newsfeed changes?! You're in luck with this week's brand…
Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding AchievementCDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, a national leader in pre-need funeral funding, held its national sales meeting and recognition…
We are Building Something Exciting for You… and We Need Your Help!Justin Crowe - January 31, 2018
We want to make your deathcare job easier. Tell us what you want in this 2-minute survey and get entered to win $100! The Connecting Directors and Disrupt Media teams are excited to be planning some new free funeral home marketing content and products for you in 2018 and we want to know what you need most! We want to know your biggest business wins of 2017, the tasks in your day that you hate, and what you feel is holding you back!