Funeral Home / Cemetery General Manager Licensed Funeral Director – Highland, IN
SCI is the largest Funeral Services Company in North America, located in over 40 states with approximately 1,800 locations encompassing over 20,000 employees. SCI is a company dedicated to compassionately supporting families at difficult times, celebrating the significance of lives that have been lived, and preserving memories that transcend generations with dignity and honor- and we have been doing this since 1962. By joining SCI you will be joining North America’s largest provider of funeral and cemetery services with locations in Canada and the United States.
We currently are seeking a Funeral Home/Cemetery General Manager for our Chapel Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Gardens location in Schererville, IN (Northwest Indiana near Chicago). This position also manages the Kuiper Funeral Home in nearby Highland, IN. This is a busy combo in the outer suburbs of Chicago, but on the IN side of the border. An Indiana Funeral Service license is required to hold this role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for directing all aspects this firm. Critical to the success of this operation are flawless execution standards combined with a thorough understanding of our unique demographics and clientele.
The successful candidate will be expected to direct and lead all Funeral and Cemetery personnel and ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to a high degree of readiness. Additional duties include the following:
- To develop and maintain a positive environment so that employees are motivated to strive for performance excellence and achievement.
- To provide a premier level of client satisfaction that will satisfy the needs of every client family and upholds the Dignity Promises.
- To identify, implement and continuously improve the internal business practices that impact customer satisfaction, employee morale and financial performance.
- To exceed the location’s targeted financial goals and marketing strategies in close collaboration with the sales and marketing departments.
- To engage in and support all sales related activities and programs and personnel.
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain and/or improve the location’s performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A willingness to participate in community organizations.
- Strongly prefer candidate with at least 5 years of Funeral / Cemetery Managerial experience
- Require a licensed Indiana Funeral Director or candidate with the ability to reciprocate a Funeral Service from another state quickly.
Chapel Lawn Funeral Home, Chapel Lawn Memorial Gardens, and Kuiper Funeral are affiliates of Service Corporation International, the largest provider of funeral and cemetery services in North America. We offer exceptional benefits, state-of-the-industry training and advancement opportunities that can take your career to the next level.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Please apply via web link: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SCICORP&cws=1&rid=2185
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Is Facebook Doomed?… | DISRUPTu! 036 - January 23, 2018
- Funeral Director/Owner Paul Thomas Ayers Hawkins Wins December Sich Casket Giveaway - January 23, 2018
- UPDATE ON HUGE FUNERAL INDUSTRY CIVIL LAWSUIT | FUNERAL nation 101 – CHANGE MAKERS - January 21, 2018
You may be interested
Is Facebook Doomed?… | DISRUPTu! 036CDFuneralNews - January 23, 2018
Ryan breaks down the Facebook news feed changes and what they mean for your deathcare business, and why you shouldn't…
Funeral Director/Owner Paul Thomas Ayers Hawkins Wins December Sich Casket GiveawayCDFuneralNews - January 23, 2018
Sich Casket has announced the winner of their monthly “Year of the Funeral Director” casket giveaway for December. The winner,…
UPDATE ON HUGE FUNERAL INDUSTRY CIVIL LAWSUIT | FUNERAL nation 101 – CHANGE MAKERSCDFuneralNews - January 21, 2018
On this episode, we talk with a death care attorney who is handling a high profile civil lawsuit affecting thousands…