PREPARATION ROOM EMBALMER/FUNERAL DIRECTOR – Ohio
This position will report directly to the Prep Room Manager and will be responsible for the preparations and care of human remains while maintaining the highest level of respect and professionalism. This position coordinates with the crematory, chapel, administration, part time driver and night call staff. Working under the direction of the Preparation Room Manager, the embalmer/funeral director will perform removals, embalming, cosmetizing, dressing, casketing, and other related duties such as clean and maintain the facility, perform minor repairs, and may be required to assist in the loading and unloading of supplies, equipment and/ or merchandise and maintain, service,
clean and properly store equipment.
Skills / Requirements
· Licensed Embalmer/Funeral Director in the State of Ohio
· Must pass pre-employment background check
· Knowledge of computers and the ability to create documents is required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
· Must be willing to work safely and comply with the Company’s safety
· Requires the ability to apply proper precautions concerning lifting and
· Must be able to operate equipment in a safe and careful manner avoiding
damage to property.
· Must comply with OSHA and EPA guidelines concerning storage and use of
· Must be a team player by effectively working with others to accomplish tasks.
· Requires the ability to show respect and sensitivity toward families while
working in a physically demanding environment.
· Must be reliable by arriving on time and giving supervisor adequate notice of
problems that may interfere with work schedule.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Valid driver’s license also required
Email resumes or questions to email@example.com
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038 - February 5, 2018
- Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding Achievement - February 5, 2018
- NFDA Introduces the 2018 Meet the Mentors Program Participants - January 30, 2018
You may be interested
IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038CDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
Are you ready to fight...!? Ready to FIGHT those recent Facebook Newsfeed changes?! You're in luck with this week's brand…
Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding AchievementCDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, a national leader in pre-need funeral funding, held its national sales meeting and recognition…
We are Building Something Exciting for You… and We Need Your Help!Justin Crowe - January 31, 2018
We want to make your deathcare job easier. Tell us what you want in this 2-minute survey and get entered to win $100! The Connecting Directors and Disrupt Media teams are excited to be planning some new free funeral home marketing content and products for you in 2018 and we want to know what you need most! We want to know your biggest business wins of 2017, the tasks in your day that you hate, and what you feel is holding you back!