Guinness World Record Attempt: Largest Parade of Hearses
Join us in Hell, Michigan, Saturday, September 17, 2011 as we attempt to set a new Guinness World Recordô for the Largest Parade of Hearses! The attempt will be made at approximately 4:30 pm, immediately following the 10th Annual Last Rides Reunion Hearse Show hosted by Just Hearse’N Around and Screams Ice Cream from Hell.
We’ve improved our registration process this year. All hearses will be automatically registered for the World Record attempt when registering for the Hearse show, so the parade will step off immediately following the presentation of the trophies.
Help spread the word! Any and all hearse owners are welcome and encouraged to join us. If we are successful in setting a record, anyone who takes part can order a duplicate of the original standard certificate issued by the Guinness Book of World Recordsô for £10.00 (plus postage and handling from the UK). You may also order a personalized certificate to include your name, vehicle and/or club information for £15.00 (plus postage and handling).
Some of the key rules:
- We need a minimum number of 50 Hearses in order to establish a record. (This is a new category for the Guinness Book of World Records)
- All vehicles must be capable of carrying a coffin and must be, or have been, in actual service as a hearse. It is not acceptable to use ordinary estate cars or other vehicles that have merely been painted or decorated to look like hearses.
- All vehicles must be moving (it is not acceptable to merely park them in a row) a minimum distance of 2 miles. Our route will be from Screams Ice Cream to the intersection of Darwin Rd & Dexter-Pinckney Rd (2.6 miles) (see map below).
- To participate, you must be registered at the event, no later than 4:00 pm.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Foundation Partners Group Adds Anderson-McQueen to FPG Family - August 17, 2017
- Sales Professional – North FL/Georgia - August 17, 2017
- On Our Soapbox: The Truth About Cremation | FUNERAL nation 085 - August 16, 2017
You may be interested
Foundation Partners Group Adds Anderson-McQueen to FPG FamilyCDFuneralNews - August 17, 2017
Orlando, FL – Foundation Partners Group (FPG), a leading provider of innovative funeral, cemetery and cremation experiences and products, has…
Sales Professional – North FL/GeorgiaCDFuneralNews - August 17, 2017
Wilbert Funeral Services Inc. is a wholesale product and service provider to the funeral industry. Our manufactured products include burial…
On Our Soapbox: The Truth About Cremation | FUNERAL nation 085CDFuneralNews - August 16, 2017
Cremation truth and Social Media Screwup: Watch Ryan & The Commander tell it like it is on their soapbox! (more…)