Professional Women’s Conference Inspires Attendees
Brookfield, Wis. — The 2011 NFDA Professional Women’s Conference, which was held April 1-5 at the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria, Va., offered attendees a unique opportunity for learning, networking, and personal and professional growth in an intimate setting. The 2011 conference attracted 81 attendees.
Attendees offered many positive comments about their experience at the conference:
- “A wonderful conference as always. Some of the industry’s most dynamic women really inspire!”
- “Thank you for such a wonderful experience. I always feel refreshed and energized after this conference.”
- “I so enjoyed the energy and enthusiasm of the group. There were so many people in this organization who happily exchange important information.”
The Funeral Service Foundation (FSF) awarded five scholarships to help women attend the 2011 NFDA Professional Women’s Conference. Recipients were:
- Joanna Brief of Brooklyn, N.Y., a mortuary science student currently attending the American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service.
- Elizabeth Chambers of Jeffersonville, Ind., a mortuary science student at The Mid-America College of Funeral Service.
- Nicole Partin of Dunlap, Tenn., a mortuary science student at John A. Gupton College and apprentice at Ewton Funeral Home.
- Aubry Sartori of Dallas, Texas, a licensed funeral director with Restland Funeral Home.
- Kristy Lee Witt of Syracuse, N.Y., a licensed funeral director with Krueger Funeral Home.
“Supporting the Professional Women’s Conference has long been a priority of the Funeral Service Foundation,” FSF Executive Director Celi Clark Haga said. “This conference gives women from across the profession a chance to come together and learn from each other and valuable speakers. We were pleased to provide the opportunity for these five outstanding women to attend.”
“I have found a great venue for encouragement and support for my future and growth, both professionally and personally,” said scholarship recipient Sartori.
The 2011 NFDA Professional Women’s Conference was generously sponsored and supported by Nomis Publications Inc., The Dodge Company, Homesteaders Life Company, Worsham College of Mortuary Science, Kelco Supply Company, Messenger, Remembrance Keepsakes and Final Touch. The Funeral Service Foundation thanks the following scholarship contributors, Nomis Publications Inc., Deaton-Kennedy Company, Messenger, Trigard and Wilbert Funeral Service Inc.
The 2012 NFDA Professional Women’s Conference will take place April 27-29 at the Crown Plaza Hotel at Bell Tower Shops in Ft. Myers, Fla.
NFDA is the world’s leading funeral service association, serving 18,500 individual members who represent more than 9,900 funeral homes in the United States and 43 countries around the world. From its headquarters in Brookfield, Wis., and its Advocacy Division office in Washington, D.C., NFDA is the worldwide source of expertise and professional resources for all facets of funeral service. Through education, information and advocacy, NFDA is dedicated to supporting members in their mission to provide families with meaningful end-of-life services at the highest levels of excellence and integrity. For more information, visit www.nfda.org.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038 - February 5, 2018
- Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding Achievement - February 5, 2018
- NFDA Introduces the 2018 Meet the Mentors Program Participants - January 30, 2018
You may be interested
IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038CDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
Are you ready to fight...!? Ready to FIGHT those recent Facebook Newsfeed changes?! You're in luck with this week's brand…
Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding AchievementCDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, a national leader in pre-need funeral funding, held its national sales meeting and recognition…
We are Building Something Exciting for You… and We Need Your Help!Justin Crowe - January 31, 2018
We want to make your deathcare job easier. Tell us what you want in this 2-minute survey and get entered to win $100! The Connecting Directors and Disrupt Media teams are excited to be planning some new free funeral home marketing content and products for you in 2018 and we want to know what you need most! We want to know your biggest business wins of 2017, the tasks in your day that you hate, and what you feel is holding you back!