NFDA Member Compensation Survey Shows Funeral Salary Increases Across The Board
Results of the National Funeral Directors Association?s (NFDA) 2010 Member Compensation Survey show across the board increases for funeral home employees except in one category; among those seeing the most dramatic increases are non-licensed support staff.
Highlights of the data yielded by the NFDA 2010 Member Compensation Survey follow:
In the survey, NFDA also asked employers about benefits offered to funeral home staff:
- 79.0% provide medical insurance.
- 33.2% provide dental insurance
- 28.6% provide flex benefits or healthcare reimbursement.
- 89.0% provide paid vacation time; the average number of days offered is 14.
- 81.6% provide an average of six paid holidays.
- 60.4% provide an average of five personal days.
- 77.6% provide an average of six personal days.
- 64.0% have retirement plans.
- 70.2% offer reimbursement for continuing education.
NFDA mailed 3,000 self-administered surveys to a random sample of member funeral home owners in June 2010. Given the response rate of 14.5 percent, the data is statistically reliable within a range of +4.7 percent. Respondents were asked to provide salary and compensation data for the calendar year ending December 31, 2009.
The full compensation survey report is available for purchase: the NFDA member price is $75; the nonmember price for each report is $175. This report can be ordered by visiting www.nfda.org/resourcestore or calling the association at 800-228-6332.
NFDA is the world’s leading funeral service association, serving 18,500 individual members who represent more than 9,900 funeral homes in the United States and internationally. From its headquarters in Brookfield, Wis., and its Advocacy Division office in Washington, D.C., NFDA is the worldwide source of expertise and professional resources for all facets of funeral service. Through education, information and advocacy, NFDA is dedicated to supporting members in their mission to provide families with meaningful end-of-life services at the highest levels of excellence and integrity. For more information, visit www.nfda.org.
# # #
Media Contacts: Jessica Koth, 262-814-1536; Emilee High, 262-814-1547
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Studio Nienke Hoogvliet Designs Cremation Urn Using Plastic Derived From Wastewater - December 14, 2017
- ICCFA, Wilbert and Pierce Mortuary Colleges Partner to Offer Live Streaming Cremation Training - December 14, 2017
- American Funeral Director Honors ‘Funeral Director of the Year’ - December 14, 2017
You may be interested
Studio Nienke Hoogvliet Designs Cremation Urn Using Plastic Derived From WastewaterCDFuneralNews - December 14, 2017
Originally Published on Dezeen Studio Nienke Hoogvliet has harnessed a method of transforming wastewater into bioplastic, and used it to create a sustainable cremation…
ICCFA, Wilbert and Pierce Mortuary Colleges Partner to Offer Live Streaming Cremation TrainingCDFuneralNews - December 14, 2017
STERLING, VA – The International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association has partnered with Wilbert and Pierce Mortuary Colleges to bring…
American Funeral Director Honors ‘Funeral Director of the Year’CDFuneralNews - December 14, 2017
WALL, N.J. — Danny Jefferson, location manager at Pierce Jefferson Funeral & Cremation Services in Kernersville, North Carolina, has been…