NFDA Member Compensation Survey Shows Funeral Salary Increases Across The Board
Results of the National Funeral Directors Association?s (NFDA) 2010 Member Compensation Survey show across the board increases for funeral home employees except in one category; among those seeing the most dramatic increases are non-licensed support staff.
Highlights of the data yielded by the NFDA 2010 Member Compensation Survey follow:
In the survey, NFDA also asked employers about benefits offered to funeral home staff:
- 79.0% provide medical insurance.
- 33.2% provide dental insurance
- 28.6% provide flex benefits or healthcare reimbursement.
- 89.0% provide paid vacation time; the average number of days offered is 14.
- 81.6% provide an average of six paid holidays.
- 60.4% provide an average of five personal days.
- 77.6% provide an average of six personal days.
- 64.0% have retirement plans.
- 70.2% offer reimbursement for continuing education.
NFDA mailed 3,000 self-administered surveys to a random sample of member funeral home owners in June 2010. Given the response rate of 14.5 percent, the data is statistically reliable within a range of +4.7 percent. Respondents were asked to provide salary and compensation data for the calendar year ending December 31, 2009.
The full compensation survey report is available for purchase: the NFDA member price is $75; the nonmember price for each report is $175. This report can be ordered by visiting www.nfda.org/resourcestore or calling the association at 800-228-6332.
NFDA is the world’s leading funeral service association, serving 18,500 individual members who represent more than 9,900 funeral homes in the United States and internationally. From its headquarters in Brookfield, Wis., and its Advocacy Division office in Washington, D.C., NFDA is the worldwide source of expertise and professional resources for all facets of funeral service. Through education, information and advocacy, NFDA is dedicated to supporting members in their mission to provide families with meaningful end-of-life services at the highest levels of excellence and integrity. For more information, visit www.nfda.org.
# # #
Media Contacts: Jessica Koth, 262-814-1536; Emilee High, 262-814-1547
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- ASD’s Suicide Telephone Operator Patch (S.T.O.P) System Recognized With 2017 NFDA Innovation Award - November 15, 2017
- Passare Releases Advanced Preneed Integration with Funeral Directors Life - November 15, 2017
- Marching Forward, Making Sales at the 2018 ICCFA Wide World of Sales Conference - November 15, 2017
You may be interested
4 Products Beating the Funeral Merchandise Quality EpidemicJustin Crowe - November 15, 2017
Since entering the funeral industry, I have felt a taboo around talking about the topic of quality in relation to…
ASD’s Suicide Telephone Operator Patch (S.T.O.P) System Recognized With 2017 NFDA Innovation AwardCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
Boston, MA—On Monday, October 29, ASD – Answering Service for Directors was named the winner of the National Funeral Directors…
Passare Releases Advanced Preneed Integration with Funeral Directors LifeCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
Passare, Inc. recently released an advanced integration with Funeral Directors Life Insurance Company, offering the funeral industry’s only integration between…