Facebook Makes Big Privacy Changes…AGAIN…Watch This Video
Below is an email I received yesterday from Facebook listing a few of the changes they have made to the privacy settings of your profile pages. These simplified changes are due to the backlash Facebook received a few weeks ago when they made massive and complicated changes to their and your privacy settings to help make the web “more social”. Please read this email and watch the video below from Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerburg, as he explains the recent changes to make privacy settings simple.
Facebook will roll out changes today that will make it easier for our users to understand and control their privacy settings. As this change will have an impact on our users, we wanted to let you, a valued advertising partner, know about it. Please note that this change will not affect your advertising campaigns and there is no action required on your part.
Facebook is a company that moves quickly, constantly innovating and launching new products to improve the user experience. The feedback we heard from users was that in our efforts to innovate, some of our privacy settings had become confusing.
We believe in listening to our users and taking their feedback into account whenever possible. We think the following changes address these concerns by providing users with more control over their privacy settings and making them more simple to use.??
Starting today, Facebook will:
* Provide an easy-to-use “master” control that enables users to set who can see the content they share through Facebook. This enables users to choose, with just one click, the overall privacy level they’re comfortable with for the content they share on Facebook. Of course, users can still use all of the granular controls we’ve always offered, if they wish.?
* Significantly reduce the amount of information that must be visible to everyone on Facebook. Facebook will no longer require that users’ friends and connections are visible to everyone. Only Name, Profile Picture, Networks and Gender must be publicly available. Users can opt to make all other connections private.??
*Make it simple to control whether other applications and websites access any user information. While a majority of our users love Facebook apps and Facebook-enhanced websites, some may prefer not to share their information outside of Facebook. Users can now opt out with just one click.?
I encourage you to take a moment to read our CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s blog post and check out the new Facebook Privacy Page.
The Facebook Ads Team
Video Via: Fast Company
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- FrontRunner Announces Winning Deals From Final Four Challenge - March 20, 2018
- Homesteaders Forms Strategic Relationship With Local Technology Startup - March 20, 2018
- BLOOPERS, FACEBOOK ADS AND THE PERFECT FACEBOOK LEAD FORMULA | DISRUPTu! 041 - March 19, 2018
You may be interested
This is What Deathcare Looks Like When Robot Funeral Directors Take OverJustin Crowe - March 20, 2018
What happens when robots take all the jobs? This is a common question that members of every industry fantasize about…
FrontRunner Announces Winning Deals From Final Four ChallengeCDFuneralNews - March 20, 2018
FrontRunner Professional has announced the winners of the FrontRunner Final Four Challengethat has been running in celebration of the NCAA…
This FREE Webinar That Will Be The Most Valuable Thing You Watch All YearRyan Thogmartin - March 20, 2018
Are you struggling with Facebook marketing for your funeral home? Or maybe you feel like you're doing great with Facebook,…