My Recent Trip To Google
I have always been fascinated with tech, and this week I have had the opportunity to be in the heart of tech, Silicon Valley. I am attending Internet Identity Workshop 10 and co-hosting a day long discussion on “Digital Death“. An overview of Digital Death Day will be provided in the coming days. This is a huge topic that has never been discussed in the funeral industry.
The Internet Identity Workshop and Digital Death Day are taking place at the Computer History Museum, which happens to be about 3 blocks from the Google Headquarters. One of the things on my “bucket list” is to walk through the Google Campus, so while on lunch break yesterday I decided to cross it off my list.
The Google buildings are closed to the public for tours, but you can still walk around the campus (I say campus because it is really like a huge college campus). As I walked the campus I took some pictures and learned about some of the really cool things that Google provides for their employees.
Take a look at the pictures below.
Here are a few things that Google does for their employees:
– Provide a “Food Court” style cafeteria where employees can eat for FREE 24hrs a day
– Provide 24hr daycare and pet-care some employees can bring their children and pets to work
– Provide bicycles and Segways for employees to use to travel in between the 12 different Google buildings
– Google has a 80-20 rule where they encourage employees to spend 20% of their time developing their own projects. These projects can then be presented at 20% Task Force meetings. Many of the products that Google rolls out are projects Google has bought from employees as a result of the 80-20 rule (I think the 80-20 rule is awesome)
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- ASD’s Suicide Telephone Operator Patch (S.T.O.P) System Recognized With 2017 NFDA Innovation Award - November 15, 2017
- Passare Releases Advanced Preneed Integration with Funeral Directors Life - November 15, 2017
- Marching Forward, Making Sales at the 2018 ICCFA Wide World of Sales Conference - November 15, 2017
You may be interested
4 Products Beating the Funeral Merchandise Quality EpidemicJustin Crowe - November 15, 2017
Since entering the funeral industry, I have felt a taboo around talking about the topic of quality in relation to…
ASD’s Suicide Telephone Operator Patch (S.T.O.P) System Recognized With 2017 NFDA Innovation AwardCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
Boston, MA—On Monday, October 29, ASD – Answering Service for Directors was named the winner of the National Funeral Directors…
Passare Releases Advanced Preneed Integration with Funeral Directors LifeCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
Passare, Inc. recently released an advanced integration with Funeral Directors Life Insurance Company, offering the funeral industry’s only integration between…