Funeral Industry – Summer To-Do List
Summer for the funeral industry often means a slow down in business. When business is slow seeing employees just standing around can really get some owners in a panic. Why not take those employees standing around and put them to good use? Below I have put together a general Summer To-Do list that is sure to help them pass the down time usefully.
* Detail (All) Your Vehicles
* Wash and Re-Paint Your Funeral Home
* Catch up on Yard Work (trim hedges, pull weeds, ect.)
* Repair and Re-Seal Blacktop Parking Lot (fix pot holes, seal cracks)
* Check Outside Lights (replace burnt out lights)
* Fix all The Little Things That Have Been Pushed Aside
* Stock Up on Things You Need For The Winter (Salt, Snow Shovels, Ice Scrappers, Hand Warmer, ect.) It is easier to get these things now then when the first big snow comes and everyone else is trying to get the same things.
* Rearrange Your Displays – Your employees get use to seeing the same displays and in turn always sell the same product. Move things around so they get to see all of your product.
* After your to-do list is done, have an open house to show the community what a beautiful facility you have.
This list is a general list, look at your funeral home and make a list that is tailored to your needs. Most of the stuff that needs done, can be done be people who you already employ, saving you money on labor cost.
If you have already made a list like this, what where some of the things you included? Maybe one of your ideas could spark an ideas for someone else.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- ASD’s Suicide Telephone Operator Patch (S.T.O.P) System Recognized With 2017 NFDA Innovation Award - November 15, 2017
- Passare Releases Advanced Preneed Integration with Funeral Directors Life - November 15, 2017
- Marching Forward, Making Sales at the 2018 ICCFA Wide World of Sales Conference - November 15, 2017
You may be interested
4 Products Beating the Funeral Merchandise Quality EpidemicJustin Crowe - November 15, 2017
Since entering the funeral industry, I have felt a taboo around talking about the topic of quality in relation to…
ASD’s Suicide Telephone Operator Patch (S.T.O.P) System Recognized With 2017 NFDA Innovation AwardCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
Boston, MA—On Monday, October 29, ASD – Answering Service for Directors was named the winner of the National Funeral Directors…
Passare Releases Advanced Preneed Integration with Funeral Directors LifeCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
Passare, Inc. recently released an advanced integration with Funeral Directors Life Insurance Company, offering the funeral industry’s only integration between…