7-Secret, New, Improved, Ways Funeral Directors Took Your Money in 2009
Apparently their is someone in the funeral industry who believes that funeral homes, with the help of industry companies like FuneralOne and ConnectingDirectors.com, have came together in 2009 to formulate new ways to rip off the consumer. According to the statements, by ‘Your Funeral Guy’ in the following article he apparently thinks that offering services like, online obits, Webcasting and better websites, services the consumer is demanding, is ripping them off because the funeral home charges for these services.
I strongly disagree with the article. It is ridiculous to think that a funeral home should offer these service and not charge for them. Also, funeral homes are not “pushing” these services on the consumers, the consumer is demanding and requesting these services!! The 7 “New and Improved Ways” funeral directors are ripping the consumer off are:
- Funeral Webcasts (which was named the top tech trend for 2010)
- Casket Sales Tricks
- Bill Collectors (apparently funeral homes shouldn’t be paid)
- Social Media
- Improved Websites
- Paid Online Obituaries
- Raising The Basic Service Fee
Below are a few snippets from the article. Also a link to the full article, if you really want to read it.
The following snippets were taken from an article posted by “Your Funeral Guy” on his blog:
1. The Number one new way Funeral Directors took your money in 09 was the Funeral Webcast. With Michael Jackson, Walter Cronkite and Teddy Kennedy Funerals the public has accepted and come to expect the Funeral Webcast. FuneralOne-is one of the popular places selling this service to Funeral Homes. The Funeral home often charges too much for the webcast. Video the funeral yourself. Replay it on the web, e mail it yourself or mailed burned dvds to friends and relatives-Save your money.
4. Social Media has allowed the funeral home to dip in to your pocket. Twitter and Facebook(Fans) are not just for friends but for businesses as well. Funeral Homes use these services to connect with the elderly and get them to come in to prepay or purchase a preneed funeral plan. Guarranteed Preneed plans happen to be dead and outdated.
5. In 2009 Many Funeral homes improved their websites saying they provide better service. It is also a quick way to gather information and get folks in the door so the funeral director can plan their profit taking! Many of these new website offer preneed sign up which allows the home to to tailor a preneed contract to you so they can take your money. Robin Heppell a consultant to the funeral l industry is actively helping funeral directors pull this off. Funeralone provides websites to Funeral Home as well.
Plan your funeral at a free funeral planning site like thefuneralsite.com rather than a funeral home website.
If you want to read the full article click here.
I would love to here your response to these “new and improved” ways of ripping off your customers.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Homesteaders: A Deep Dive | FUNERAL hustle 012 - September 14, 2017
- FrontRunner Professional Announces Ultimate ‘DIY’ Funeral Home Website Platform - September 14, 2017
- Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions Shares Integration Update - September 14, 2017
You may be interested
Homesteaders: A Deep Dive | FUNERAL hustle 012CDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Ryan heads to Homesteaders Life Company HQ to discuss their future partnership with Homesteaders and why and how this partnership…
FrontRunner Professional Announces Ultimate ‘DIY’ Funeral Home Website PlatformCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Today FrontRunner Professional announced the release of it’s brand new website platform, marking a major change for the entire death…
Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions Shares Integration UpdateCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
PITTSBURGH, PA -- Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions today announced an update of key activities for its ongoing integration of Aurora…