Robin Heppell Just Launched a Funeral Home Advertising Contest
If you follow Robin Heppell on Twitter, @funeralfuturist, then you know he just launched a “Funeral Home Advertising Contest”. The reason I decided to post this is because I think you should enter of course!! Funeral home advertising needs to be revamped. They need to turn into something that triggers something other than sad and dark emotions. Ads that get results! That is what funeral homes need, and according to Robin, he is going to help you get results! The best part of the whole contest is this: it is free!! Below is the information about the contest from FuneralFuturist.com.
Funeral Home Advertising Contest
I get a lot of questions from funeral home owners about how they should advertise their funeral homes. The main reason why these questions come my way is that they are dissatisfied with the results they get from their current advertising. Most of the time the reason why they are not getting the results that they want is that they are advertising like they are a huge, national company (because those are the ads that we see everyday).
Nike estimates that it has spent $ 1 Billion on creating its brand. When small businesses like small to medium sized, family-owned funeral homes advertise ? who don?t have a Nike-sized marketing budget ? it is better for you to focus on building and nurturing relationships, than to try to build an inanimate brand.
When someone dies, the family is going to think of people who can help them ? not just a logo.
Since marketing companies in Funeral Service generally help large funeral homes ?brand? their businesses, there is a lack of information and advice on what is the best way for smaller funeral homes (500 calls and under) to market their businesses. Because of this, in 2010 I am going to help these small to medium sized, family-owned funeral homes market their businesses in the most effective way possible.
To do this, I am going to use real examples from funeral homes and identify the good points and also make suggestions on how the marketing can be improved. This is where the contest comes in?
I will be giving away:
* 1 of 10 copies of Bill Glazer?s best selling book ?OUTRAGEOUS Advertising?
* 2 tickets to Bill Glazer?s Outrageous Academy & Workshop event in Orlando in January (See Details Below)
* Bonus: For the 1st 30 entries, you will receive a free, 30 minute, private, one-on-one consultation with me to discuss any funeral-related topic you choose.
To Enter the Funeral Home Advertising Contest, submit 1 advertising example from each of the following categories:
* Yellow page ad (scanned and added as an attachment)
* Print ad ? from church bulletin or newspaper (scanned and added as an attachment)
* Website (include your URL to your funeral home?s website)
* Optional: Other online advertising ? Facebook Fan Page Facebook ad, Google Adwords PPC ad, banner ad for online newspaper (please scan or recreate if PPC of Facebook ad and then add as an attachment)
Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Funeral Home Advertising Contest
Conditions: This contest is eligible for family-owned funeral homes only. By submitting your advertising samples you are giving me permission to use them in my upcoming courses and training materials. Prize winners will be selected randomly. The submission deadline is December 24, 2009. Submissions received after the 24th will not be eligible for prizes. This contest is void where prohibited by law. The winner of the 2 tickets to the OUTRAGEOUS Academy & Workshop is responsible for their own travel, lodging, and other expenses.
?The OUTRAGEOUS Academy & Workshop? ? January 15-17, 2010 ? Orlando, FL
* BILL GLAZER teaching a FULL DAY OUTRAGEOUS Workshop
* BOB PARSONS (from Go Daddy) showing his OUTRAGEOUS TV Ads that made Go Daddy the #1 domain register worldwide
* YANIK SILVER ?How To Create an OUTRAGEOUSLY, Ridiculous Advantage in Your Market Place to Truly Dominate Your Customers Wallets and Mindshare ?
* DR. GREG NIELSEN ?The Reclusive ?Backwoods Doctor? Shares His Most OUTRAGEOUS Marketing Secrets Regardless Of The Business Your In?
* PAUL HARTUNIAN ?OUTRAGEOUS Publicity = OUTRAGEOUS Sales = An OUTRAGEOUS Life ?
* SCOTT STRATTEN ?OUTRAGEOUS Viral Marketing?
* MIKE CAPUZZI ?OUTRAGEOUS Copywriting Cosmetics for OUTRAGEOUSLY Profitable Response?
* Special Guest Appearance: DAN KENNEDY presenting ?The 10 Most OUTRAGEOUS Marketing Strategies I?ve Ever Used?
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Funeral Cribs Episode 5 – Sunset Memorial Park, Alabama - January 18, 2018
- 5 Ways to Build Your Business - January 16, 2018
- Free Live Webinar: How Will The 2018 Tax Laws Affect Your Funeral Home? - January 15, 2018
You may be interested
Funeral Cribs Episode 5 – Sunset Memorial Park, AlabamaCDFuneralNews - January 18, 2018
The Sunset Memorial Park Funeral Home has had one major goal in mind from the time it started until now,…
Blog Archives Decedent’s Final Tweets… And They are HeartbreakingJustin Crowe - January 16, 2018
The digital age has created some fascinating unprecedented scenarios concerning legacy. Facebook chronicles our lives, so when my kids are…